Making the Most of Your Visit to the Millbrae Art & Wine Festival
To maximize your enjoyment, here are some helpful tips in planning your trip to the Millbrae Art & Wine Festival, September 2-3, 2017:
- Be kind to your pet companions (i.e., dogs), and leave them in the comforts of their own home. Pets are not allowed at the festival.
- Dress comfortably, put on some sunscreen, wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Wear shoes you feel comfortable strolling in. The festival covers several city blocks, so you’ll be walking a lot.
- Consider backpacking children. Strollers take up more space and are difficult to navigate through crowds.
- For your convenience, pay for drink tokens and glasses using any major credit card at the Token/Glass booths spread throughout the festival.
- Bring along cash for food and beverages. Not all food and beverage vendors accept credit cards.
- Don’t fill up on food at the first food booth you see. Stroll around a bit to get a flavor of the offerings, then sample several of the dishes that appeal to you.
- Be careful with your consumption of beer and wine. Drink plenty of water. The weather can be warm.
- Think about your holiday shopping when browsing the arts and crafts booths. Festivals offer unique gifts you can stash away until December.
- Consider using public transportation. For Caltrain/SamTrans information, call 800-660-4287 or go to http://www.caltrain.com or http://www.samtrans.com. BART is another transportation alternative. For BART information, go to http://www.bart.gov. The BART/Caltrain intermodal station is a short 3-block walk to/from the festival.